The lead-up to Christmas and new year can be exhausting; there are so many social events that can lead to overeating and drinking leaving you feeling tired, bloated and in need of some quiet time for yourself. This is the time you will see many gyms and other detox regimes touting their health benefits. While they may well work it’s often at the expense of your pocket and demands more of your precious time.
Instead, try walking and our Green tea extract product Origine 8. Walking is a great way to improve your health on so many levels and can be done at any time, no waiting for session times at the gym or paying an exorbitant amount to do so. All you need are some supportive shoes and comfortable clothes.
Origine 8 delivers the same nutrient content as 25 cups of green tea without any artificial additives and excessive caffeine found in green tea. It has been clinically proven to reduce inflammation, detoxify the body, increase vitality and aid weight loss.
Some benefits of walking are:
- Improves your mental and emotional health. The repetitive motion of walking can help your brain process thoughts and memories more easily especially if you are walking in a familiar environment. It increases the production of neurons and the neurotransmitter GABA which helps your body cope with anxiety.
- It improves digestion and burns calories. Especially post meals as it can help speed up the rate food moves through the stomach/digestive system. Walking helps to burn the calories from food more effectively which helps preserve lean muscle regulating a person’s metabolic rate.
- Reduces incidences of diabetes. It can lower blood glucose reducing insulin resistance.
- It improves cardiovascular health. Walking at a pace to boost the heart rate between 70 to 85% of maximum effort continuously for 20 minutes will turn your walk into aerobic exercise. Doing this 3 x week will strengthen your heart and limit cardiovascular risk factors.
- Reduces blood pressure. Walking causes the blood to circulate through the cardio system faster and more effectively. The increased workload of the heart causes it to become stronger and function better. A heart in better shape can pump a greater volume of blood resulting in the ability of blood vessels to dilate and pump blood easier.
- Increases lung health/strength. Walking can bring oxygen into the body and exchange co2 activity. Walking 3 hours after ingesting Salvestrols will help to boost oxygen levels which greatly improves the metabolism of Salvestrols.
- It helps the lymphatic detoxification system. Walking encourages circulation in the blood and lymphatic system. The lymphatic system, the body’s collector of toxic waste relies on oxygenated blood to carry the toxins it collects to the main detoxification organs, the liver, and kidneys.
- It improves bone strength. Walking is easy on the knee joints and is low impact and weight-bearing activity. Walking places an increased workload on the bones which promotes extra deposits of calcium triggering the action of bone-forming cells. This causes an increase in bone mass that inhibits the development and further damage of osteoporosis in bones. This improves the strength of bones reducing the risk of breaking a bone if you fall over.
- An overall increase in energy. A walk can make you feel more energised and happier as it reduces the stress hormone cortisol and increases serotonin. It also has a positive effect on your immune system stimulating the effect of T, B, and natural killer cells.
There really is no excuse not to go out there and walk for 30 minutes every day.